Created: Tuesday, 22 July 2014 20:35
Cargo bikes of all shapes and sizes appear at Ottawa Farmers Markets (Photo: Ottawa Bike Lanes Project)
Ottawa - At the Ottawa Farmers’ Market, Brewer Park, this Sunday, July 27 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Citizens for Safe Cycling is hosting a fun event. “This Little Bike Went to Market” is for anyone interested in learning how to transport market goodies, run errands, and carry their kids all on two-wheels.
Created: Monday, 21 July 2014 20:15
Citizens for Safe Cycling hosts regular bike advocacy meetings.
Wednesday July 23/14
7:30pm - approx 9:30pm
Second floor meeting room at
Causeway Work Centre
22 O'Meara Street in Hintonburg
Note: Outside door is locked in evening; let me know if you expect to be late.
(Directions at the end of this message--INCLUDING HOW TO GAIN ADMITTANCE)
Kindly RSVP your attendance.
Anyone not able to come should also let me know if they have comments pertaining to any agenda items, and forward them prior to the meeting.
If anyone wishes to be removed from this distribution, let me know.
2. Post-mortem of transportation to first Lansdowne RedBlacks football game - any advocacy actions arising?
3. Review status list of road/pathway construction projects [More on this in separate emails before July 23.]
4. Western LRT Corridor extension (Lincoln Fields to Bayshore) Planning & Environmental Assessment Study
5. Updates on previous business, including:
I Bike, I Vote initiative & survey (for municipal election this fall)
Pimisi LRT station/Booth street cycling facilities
6. Other new business
7. Set next meeting date - proposed: Tuesday September 16/14
Details on getting there and getting inside (for those first-timers!):
- From pathways, closest connections:
> Leave Ottawa River Pathway at River St. (access road to Lemieux Island), cross Parkway, use Slidell and Bayview to reach O'Meara
> Leave O-Train Pathway at Somerset St., go west on Somerset, take first right on Bayswater, which becomes Bayview Rd, proceed to reach O'Meara.
- Via road: Albert/Scott Sts or Armstrong St or Bayswater Ave are decent approaches.
- By transit: Bayview Station on Transitway then 5-7 minute walk
- Car parking is east side of building - entrance off O'Meara
- Bike racks are on the back side of the Causeway building (i.e. south side)
- Access the building also at the back doors which are locked - USE DOOR BELL IDENTIFIED AS "CfSC" TO BE ADMITTED. (THE BELL BUTTON IS HIGH UP ON THE FRAME OF THE RIGHT-HAND DOOR.)
Created: Thursday, 10 July 2014 10:29
Press release from WWBIA:
The Wellington West Business Improvement Area has received the designation of Cycling Friendly Business District through the Ontario By Bike Network. Achieved through the hard work of local businesses, this designation will be a signpost for cycling tourism in the months and years ahead.